Looking to hire help for your podcast? Or perhaps you are a virtual assistant looking to niche down to help podcasters? Either way you’re in the right place.
When I had my oldest son, I realized that I didn’t want to miss any of the “firsts” in his life. I wanted to be able to find something that I could do at home to enjoy my new baby, but also be able to contribute financially to our family as well.
I spent a lot of time scouring the internet for jobs that I could do while staying home. I finally came across the term VA, or Virtual Assistant and jumped right into finding and learning all I could about being a virtual assistant.
I invested in a course all about becoming a virtual assistant (I will link to that below), and landed my very first client just a couple of months later.
Now let’s fast forward just a bit.
I was working with clients for just over a year before I decided I wanted to niche down.
At the time, all of my current clients were podcast hosts. Most of the tasks I was doing for them were for their podcasts so naturally, niching down to helping podcasters as a Podcast VA, made so much sense.
I want to break down what a Podcast VA is and share some things that they could help business owners (generally also podcast hosts) in the production of their podcast episodes.
So what exactly is a Podcast VA?
Let’s dive right in to learn more about what a Podcast VA is!
Basically, A Podcast VA is a Virtual Assistant that specializes in helping podcasters
The easiest way to explain exactly what a Podcast VA is, is to ensure that you already know what a Virtual Assistant is. A Virtual Assistant is someone that helps small business owners with tasks within their business.
Since the tasks that VA’s help with are all things that can be done online, the VA can live anywhere. This is assuming, of course, that they can finish tasks by the deadline that business owners set, as well as be available to meet with the business owner (their clients) for team meetings.
Team meetings are obviously optional, but I would highly recommend regularly scheduled meetings to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
Therefore, a Podcast VA is a Virtual Assistant that has decided to niche down in his/her business and just focus on helping podcasters. Podcast VA’s take on many of the podcasting tasks that you either don’t like to do, or don’t have the time to do anymore.
By hiring a Podcast VA to help you with your podcast, you are freeing up more time to keep your podcast producing amazing episodes week after week, month after month.
Plus, unlike a regular VA, a Podcast VA will possess the skills necessary to take on tasks relating to your podcast right from the get-go. This means that you will likely not need to take the time to train them on specific systems, but more so on the workflow you already have going. They can then take it and run with it from there.
Imagine this- you have a podcast and you are the host of the show. Ever since the beginning you have been a one woman/man show and you’ve done several (if not all) of the following:
- You find and research each of your desired guests.
- You correspond with each guest and/or their PR person or assistant.
- You sometimes reach out several times to obtain various things that you either forgot to mention to send over, or they never sent it in the first place.
- You make sure that each guest is scheduled.
- You make sure the guest knows what questions you’d like to ask (and provides the answers back to you if desired).
- You record the episode.
- You edit the audio for the episode.
- You create all the social media graphics you will use for each episode along with any blog post graphics you may want to include on your website.
- You create any additional promotional material (if any more)
- You write the show notes for each episode.
- You add the graphics into the website.
- You schedule all social media posts for each episode.
- You email the guest, thanking them for being on the show, and attach the promotional material in the email hoping that they will share it with their audience as well.
Any (or all) of this sound familiar?
A Podcast VA, who is a Virtual Assistant that specializes in helping podcast hosts with tasks relating to their podcast, may be just what you need. They likely don’t need much training, which is a huge bonus especially if you are looking to hand off podcast related tasks sooner rather than later.
Are you tired of doing #AllTheThings for each and every single one of your podcast episodes?
Adding A Podcast VA to your podcast team could be a game changer for you. It could be a game changer for your podcast.
By paying someone else to do these things for you, you are freeing up more time in your schedule to focus on other things for your podcast, or even your business in general.
Are you interested in who else you can hire to help you with your podcast? Check out the posts below.
Got questions? Hit me up and I’d love to answer them for you!
Other Helpful Resources:
- What Is a Podcast Producer? (Post Coming Soon)
- Kayla Sloan’s 10k VA course that I mentioned earlier in the post